Saturday 17 March 2007

The Gods Were Astronauts...II

Written by ERICH VON DANIKEN

"...I am and I repeat this in each of my books-a believer in God and a God-fearing person. I pray too, every day. My poor brain is not capable of defining God. Many cleverer people than I have tried to, and still, for me, God is something quite extraordinary and certainly unique. I am in agreement with the great world religions: there can only be one God. And that which we call God must be infallible, timeless, omnipresent and omnipotent. Those are the very least characteristics we have to concede to God with deep respect. It will never be possible to describe God or to nail down the Holy Spirit anywhere on a timeline.
Science tells us, at the beginning, hydrogen was all there was, or the Big Bang. And what caused the Big bang? What was before the Big Bang? This Big Bang, the super-clever astrophysicists tell us, happened about 15 thousand million years ago and lasted a fraction of a second. But we are unable to explain that fraction of a second. Nothing arises from nothing-even the most intricate mathematical formulas will not overcome that obstacle..."

No comments: